Requirement: approx. 6 day contract*
Frieze London: 14–18 October 2014
Frieze Masters: 14–19 October 2014
*Please note some positions will require staff to work both pre and post-fair dates.
Salary: Dependent on role and experience.
Deadline: 5pm BST on 22 August 2014.
Interviews: first two weeks in September. Successful applicants will be contacted the week commencing 27 August 2014.
We are seeking temporary staff with a good knowledge of contemporary art to fill the following roles at this year’s Frieze London and Frieze Masters:
• Distribution Staff: applicants should be dynamic, enthusiastic and reliable. These positions require staff for additional dates both pre and post-fair and involve manual handling.
• Exhibitor Dept. Staff (office staff, runners and desk assistants): good interpersonal skills, computer literate and excellent knowledge of contemporary art. A previous visit to a Frieze fair and a second language are desirable.
• Office Assistants: administrative experience and good communications skills required. All applicants must be computer literate with knowledge of Mac (Word, Excel) and familiar with basic computer equipment.
• Pass Administrators: IT literate and comfortable using databases. Good people management skills required. Experience of working with the public and/or contractors in a fast-paced environment. Another language is an advantage.
• Press Staff: personable, patient, with strong people management skills. Prior PR or events experience desirable, as is an interest in contemporary art. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be helpful.
• Sales Staff: previous sales/retail experience required as well as knowledge of all Frieze publications. A previous visit to a Frieze fair and knowledge of other contemporary art magazines is desirable.
• VIP Assistants/Hospitality Staff: a working knowledge of artists and collectors in the contemporary art world, experience of working with VIPs in a fast-moving environment and excellent interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Filemaker and a second language is desirable. Please include examples of events/people you have worked with to support your CV.
• Cloakroom Staff and Runners: ability to work well under pressure, excellent teamwork skills and good sense of humour. Manual handling is involved.
Application: Please download the application form and email the completed form back to email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying for more than one position please send in ONE application and specify all the positions you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note some positions involve training prior to the fair.