Requirement: Full time, Fixed Term
Location: London Office
Salary: Dependent on experience
Deadline: 4pm on Friday 29 April 2016
Frieze is searching for a Frieze Projects Assistant for a fixed term period starting at the end of May through to the end of October 2016. Frieze Projects is a non-profit programme of artists’ commissions realised annually at Frieze London.
Based out of the London office, the role is intended to provide additional support to the Frieze Projects Manager and Curator in the busy period leading up to Frieze London, including assistance within the following areas:
• Identifying and applying for funding opportunities
• Researching and writing grant reports
• Sourcing, purchasing and organising deliveries for artists commissions and installations
• Writing and administrating contracts for artists and external parties
• Maintaining documentation of Projects activities and archival process
• Managing a team of temporary staff during Frieze London
• Delivery of the programme booklet
• Producing a variety of texts for signage and programme booklet
• Monitoring content for the Project website
• Overseeing the timeline of the projects and production
• Coordination of artist and curator travel, accommodation and expenses
• Coordination of post – fair reports
All candidates wishing to apply should have excellent organisational skills, a keen eye for detail and great negotiation skills.
In addition, they should have the ability to work under pressure, be able to work flexibly and autonomously, and have experience of managing a busy timeline.
Candidates should have a background within the arts and/or publishing industries.
Application: To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Projects Assistant’ in the subject line, by 4pm on Friday 29 April 2016. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
[temporary with possibility to extend to permanent]
Start date: ASAP
Location: London office
Frieze is searching for an energetic and eager Receptionist for its main London office. As well as managing the Reception area, the role involves helping to ensure a well-functioning and pleasant working environment for all staff and visitors. This role will provide the successful candidate with valuable insight into the overall workings of Frieze and of a busy office environment.
- Answer calls and direct enquiries
- Greet and announce visitors
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, couriers and shipments
- Manage meeting room bookings and maintain meeting spaces
- Set answerphone messages as appropriate
Provide comprehensive assistance to the Frieze Office Manager, to include the following areas:
- Office catering and stationery supplies
- New starter office inductions
- Office health and Safety
- Fair shipments
- Set-up of temporary fair office
- Manage phone and reception cover rota
- Storage inventories and staff directories
- Maintain pleasant and clear office and kitchen environment
Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT databases
Well presented, with a sociable demeanour
Resourceful and energetic attitude
Prior office experience
Experience handling public enquiries
Monday to Friday 9.45am-5.45pm
Lunch provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Application: To apply for this position please download the application form and foward with your CV to email@example.com with ‘Receptionist Vacancy’ in the subject line, before 29 April at 4pm. Applications will be read as soon as they come in and therefore we advise applicants to apply as soon as possible.
All candidates should be free to attend an interview in April and to start as soon as possible.
Further Application Information